Helpful Hints & Tips
1. Plan ahead – Make reservations as soon as possible. Dates fill up fast especially around the holidays. Letting us know you’ll need us allows us to get you on our schedule and ensures that your pet will get the attention they need.
2. Make sure to fill out all paperwork completely and with as much detail as possible. Everything we need to know about your pet and home is covered in our paperwork and serves as a reference for us while you are away.
3. Make sure to fill out a separate pet information sheet for each pet that will be in the house while you’re away. Even if we are just walking your dog while you’re at work, we need to know about the animals in the house so that no accident occurs or in case of emergency.
4. If you have friends or neighbors with a watchful eye, or a neighborhood watch, you may want to let them know that we will be coming and going from your home while you are way (out of town or during the workday). We will be happy to supply business cards you can give to them in case they need to reach us.
5. Make sure to have plenty of food, treats, medication, litter, etc. on hand to last the length of your trip and possibly a few days beyond.
6. Have cleaning supplies (paper towels, carpet spot cleaner, trash bags, etc.) readily available. Have towels handy for wiping off paws in the event of rainy days or drying avid swimmers. Have a broom and dustpan and/or a hand vacuum nearby for cleaning out/around litter boxes.
7. Make sure to notate your trash days on the paperwork so that we can take them to the curb on the appropriate day.
8. Remember to alert us to any authorized visitors while you’re away, such as out-of-town guests, business assistants or colleagues that will need to access your home. Also if there has been a change in service staff such as housekeepers, pool maintenance, lawn care etc.
9. Let us know as soon as possible of any changes to your arrival or departure so that we may adjust our schedule accordingly.
10. Since you’re free to travel on your own schedule, sending us a text or email that you have left will alert us that our services have begun and ensure that your pets are not alone too long.
11. When arriving home from a trip, please call, email or text us to let us know that you arrived safely. This is how we know our service is complete.